Oct 16, 2011

A Baby Was Born, Underground

I have been having some of the most horrific dreams lately, and by the sound of it so have all my friends! have any of you readers noticed this yourselves? Perhaps it is something to do with the times we are living in, a general sense of unrest that seems to be gripping our societies around the globe.. or the fact that the hours of light are getting less less? 
I'm pretty sure mine are to do with some sort of undigested grief over the passing of my mother during the Summer... because they are pretty much all about her. Nearly every night I am dreaming that she is alive and then when I wake, the real nightmare starts as I come to terms with the fact that she is not alive at all, but most definitely dead... FOREVER


In the last dream (the most horrific) she died and we buried her. We were grieving and grieving for her, but six months later we were presented with some sort of DNA evidence to suggest that she was not actually dead when we buried her but in a deep, deep coma. I decided we were going to have to dig her up as there was still a chance she could be alive down there and a whole team of people got involved in the dig. When we got down a few feet into the ground, we began to hear voices whimpering for help... eventually we got to the coffin itself and when we opened it we discovered the most horrific scene. 
Not only had my mother still been alive when she was buried, but she had also been pregnant! 


She had given birth inside that tiny coffin 4/5 months after being buried alive, and both her and the baby had survived.
They were skin and bones and could barely move or make a sound they were so weak.
Although this sounds terrifying and horrific, we were so happy and relieved that she was ALIVE!! It was the happiest feeling in the world to think that I had a mother again. 
Then.... I woke up and once again had to realise that my mother was in fact gone... 






I have used that dream story as the basis for a creepy song I will be playing at the Sonic Pop-Up at Dublin Contemporary on Oct 22nd.. Unusual subject for a song - I am curious to see if people pick up on it when I sing it or subconsciously ignore the story of it because it's too gross/weird. 
We'll see.



2 comments: