Jun 8, 2011

What's There To Hide #3

My mother died this week. I am devastated.. very sad. She was only 47...

I thought I would be reacting far more than I am, and given my fascination with death and the conspicuous references to grief and sadness and loss I seem to sprinkle on my songs like chilli flakes, I though this time would be the worst time of my life. However, I have in fact not found it so!

I am posting again about 'What's There To Hide?' because when I first referenced it, back in October, I was only just coming to terms with the fact that my mother was probably going to die - she has been battling cancer for nearly 3 years.
It was the energy of the sadness and grief I finally allowed myself to connect with back in October that led me to create the seeds of this piece on that very night.

I find it strange that I stumbled across the folder containing this work only two weeks ago and on the spur of the moment I began work once more on the piece. I instantly felt that grief and sadness I had embedded in the work on that dark October night returning (and healthily so, as it it mirrored exactly the real life situation of my mother - who as I now know, had already started dying)
Within a week she was gone and now I feel it's most important I channel my true and physical grief into the piece. I'm finding this process most healing....

I have big plans for this work and all that I have mentioned in previous posts is still relevant, I just dramatically misjudged the time-frame as the piece has clearly taken on a life of it's own and will not be adhering to my plans for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment